Notwithstanding prudent financial management, no debt, ongoing fundraising initiatives, and clean audited financial statements, the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) Tshwane has seen a steady decline in its income in recent months. This is attributed to a widespread stressed economy where many households are impacted and have had no other option than to suspend or cancel their monthly support, which leaves us with a significant income deficit.
We pride ourself that up to 40% of our income is normally generated through the sale of in-branch services that reduce our reliance on public support, but these have not escaped the impact of Covid-19 as public support of our veterinary clinics, sale of pet products, adoptions, boarding kennels etc. are all impacted and are well below the required capacity.
Keeping our staff safe during the Covid-19 pandemic remains a priority and that comes with increased costs for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and the ongoing sanitation of branches. Our second–hand markets are currently also suspended and in light of the recent civil unrest, some of our Corporate Mandela Week activities had to be cancelled.
The Society also does not receive any funding from the government or the City of Tshwane and is totally reliant on your support to ensure continued service to the community as we’re the only animal welfare organisation that can investigate and prosecute cases of animal cruelty.
Despite these difficult financial circumstances, our staff remain positive and are readily available to assist all animals and fulfill our mandate by keeping our operations and facilities functional.
The SPCA TSHWANE is appealing to the public to assist us by making an urgent once-off or recurring donation. Without this support we will not be able to meet all our financial obligations.
Donations can be done securely online at https://spcapta.org.za/donate-now/ or directly into the SPCA TSHWANE account:
First National Bank
Current Account: 56160007452
Branch code: 261550
Please send your proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
SPCA Tshwane is a registered Public Benefit Organisation with Section 18A status and all bona fide donations qualify for a tax certificate and can be deducted from the donor’s taxable income. Please email email@example.com for more info.
If you are unable to make a financial contribution at this time, please consider supporting one or more of our services:
- Veterinary clinics, located at both the Waltloo and the Centurion branch
- Adopt from us https://spcapta.org.za/adopt/
- Buy pet products from our branches
- Buy merchandise https://spcapta.org.za/product-category/clothing/t-shirt/
- Assist us with professional services e.g. plumbing, electrical, infrastructure etc;
- Donate pet food, cat litter, and blankets for our kennel animals
- Include us in your Will and leave a legacy or bequest http://bit.ly/2RVTCdB
- Follow us on social media and share our posts with your friends and in your network https://www.facebook.com/TshwaneSPCA
- Volunteer your time https://spcapta.org.za/volunteer/
- Support our charity shops and markets by donating pre-loved goods.
- Get a MySchool Card and nominate us as your beneficiary https://www.myschool.co.za/
Please contact your nearest SPCA TSHWANE branch for more information.
Waltloo Branch – Tel: 0128035219 / 0834533863 after-hours
Centurion Branch – Tel: 0126645644 / 0828075671 after-hours